Welcome to my website - EYFS for childminders
Hello! My name is Sarah Neville.
I have been working as a registered childminder for over 20 years and I was graded outstanding by Ofsted in 2008, again in 2011 and again in 2016!
I am totally committed to supporting all childminders to make the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) work for them.
I have been writing e-books to support colleagues for many years and I have many thousands of satisfied customers.
I also offer support to childminders via my website and blog because I want to help all childminders make the EYFS a success!
My main aim is to help other childminders get to grips with the EYFS and make time for the important things in life ... like building train tracks and taking the teddies for a walk round the garden.
I believe the keys to being a successful Childminder are -
- Having a supportive family around you;
- Putting paperwork systems in place so you are organised;
- Prioritising children's play above everything else;
- Occasionally ignoring the washing up (good delegation skills help if you have older children);
- Having fun and building a strong network around you so you are not isolated.
If you are a newly registering or training childminder you will find lots of advice on this page.